Template:Wiktionary Carter is a surname, which originally meant a person who hauls goods in a cart.
It may refer to:
- Jimmy Carter, 39th president of the United States
For other people with this name, see Carter (name).
Template:TOC right Carter may also refer to:
In fiction Edit
- Carter (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), cartoon character
- John Carter of Mars, protagonist of the Barsoom series by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- John Carter (ER), character from the NBC drama ER
- Samantha Carter or Carter, main character in the TV series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis
- Carter Kane, character in The Kane Chronicles
- Zebadiah John Carter, a protagonist of The Number of the Beast by Robert A. Heinlein
In music Edit
- Elliott Carter. American composer.
- June Carter Cash, American country singer.
- The Carter Family, traditional American folk music.
- Carter, American song writer and producer.
In geography Edit
- Carter County, Kentucky, United States
- Carter County, Missouri, United States
- Carter County, Montana, United States
- Carter County, Oklahoma, United States
- Carter County, Tennessee, United States
- Carter, Forest County, Wisconsin, United States
- Carter, Iron County, Wisconsin, United States
- Carter, Montana, United States
- Carter, Oklahoma, United States
- Carter, South Dakota, United States
- Carter, Wyoming, United States
- Carting business, the horizontal transport of ore, coal, supplies, and waste, also called cartage
- Carter's, Inc., a clothing manufacturer of primarily baby and children's apparel
- Carter Machinery, a Virginia-based Caterpillar distributor and manufacturer of engine lubricants
- Carter's Foods, a defunct supermarket chain