ways to help our climate
- Switch it:Turn off the lights whenever you leave a room
- Pool it:Grab your friends and carpool to school
- Unplug it:Unplug chargers whenever there not being used
- Adjust thermostat by 2 degrees up/down
- BOOK SMART: For those books that you probably won't read again, host a book swap where you trade books with friends – or head to the library.
- ENERGY SAVER: Organize a carpool, ride your bike or skateboard, walk, or take the school bus or public transportation to school.
- FLIP IT: Turn off the lights whenever you leave a room.
- GET PLUGGED IN AND UNPLUG: Remove your cell phone and electronic game chargers from the wall, and plug them into a power strip. Then turn off the power strip whenever those electronics are not in use.
- LIGHT SWITCH: Replace at least one standard light bulb with a compact fluorescent light bulb (CFL) in your household. If your entire house is already lit by CFLs, change a bulb at a friend's or relative's house.
- +/- 2 DEGREES: Turn up your thermostats 2 degrees in the heat, and down 2 degrees in the cold.Your body will adjust to the small change in temperature pretty fast.
- SEND A SIGNAL: Post signs near room exits to remind people to turn off the lights.
- CLIMB TO THE TOP: Climb the stairs instead of using the elevator! Get fit and save electricity.
- SPREAD IT AROUND: Tell 10 friends to unplug their cell phones and game chargers from the wall when they're not using them. About 40% (2/5) of all electricity used to power home electronics is used when the products are turned off.
- LAUNDRO-TASTIC: Once a week, take charge of the laundry. Wash everything on a cold wash (hot or warm washes are rarely necessary) and hang everything to dry instead of using a dryer whenever possible.
- LINT WATCHER: Monitor your dryer's lint filter. The cleaner your lint filters, the less your dryer needs to work – ultimately saving energy!
- DON'T BE IDLE: Ask your parents to turn off their car engine when they're waiting for you – or any time they're sitting in the car waiting.
“Take a shower: Taking a shower uses about 1/5 of the energy as taking a bath, and as long as you...How to reduce your carbon footprint
“Solar desalination is a technique to desalinate water using solar energy. Solar desalination in...Solar desalination
“The BMW i8, first introduced as the BMW Concept Vision Efficient Dynamics, is a plug-in hybrid...BMW i8
“The Hyundai Santa Fe (Korean: 현대 싼타페) is a mid-size crossover SUV based on the Hyundai Sonata...Hyundai Santa Fe
“Cycling in London is a cheaper, and often quicker, alternative to travelling around the city by...Cycling in London
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
Pages in category "Climate control"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 665 total.(previous 200) (next 200)
(previous 200) (next 200)
Media in category "Climate control"
The following 51 files are in this category, out of 51 total.
- 7 Ways.jpg
- BSicon BUS.svg
- BSicon MONO.svg
- BSicon SUBWAY.svg
- BSicon TRAIN.svg
- Compact fluorescent.jpg
- Energy Star logo.svg
- Ford Deal.jpg
- Ford Incentives.jpg
- I love a sunburnt coun...
- Moving car.jpg
- PV Solar System .jpg
- Skater in motion.jpg
- Solar charger 2.jpg
- Solar charger 3.jpg
- Solar charger 4.jpg
- Solar charger 5.jpg
- Solar charger 6.jpg
- Solar energy.jpg
- Solar Lamp.jpg
- Solar Powered.jpg
- Solar yard.jpg
- Strawberry Tree Black ...
- Thermal Solar System.gif
- TI-36X Solar 1993.jpg
- Wayne National Forest ...
- Wind energy II.jpg