Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The 42-room Cedar House Sport Hotel in Truckee, California (near Lake Tahoe) is an example of a luxury hotel that was built and is operated in concert with sustainable principles.
- All run-off water was retained on site during construction
- Rainwater is transferred from the roof through gutters and down a hanging chain to the landscaping below, helping to water the landscaping.
- Wood-framed Low-E and solar tinted windows
- No incandescent lights
- All lights have photo sensors and timers
- No plumbing on exterior walls (saves energy and protects from freezing)
- Space from water heaters to showerheads is minimized; each building has three instantaneous hot water heaters for potable water and one for the hydronic space heating system
- Roof is Green, and the cedar exterior siding and logs came from a re-forestation project
- Low VOC carpeting and draperies
- Paper-based countertops
- Doors were left open for one month to allow for outgassing
- European bedding with luxurious linens and down comforters
- Pillow top mattresses
- Egyptian cotton robes and towels
- Spa bath amenities
- Flat screen LCD televisions
- Free wifi and high speed internet access
- European continental breakfast
- Outdoor spa
- Full bar
- Meeting room
Suites include the Luxury Suite, the Designer Suite, and the King Suite.