Welcome to the Green wiki! The Village Pump is where this wiki community comes together to organize and discuss projects for the wiki. To see the most recent discussions, click the Discussion tab above. To learn more about our mission and what Green Wikia is all about, see our About page.
Right now we are discussing what content we should have on the site. We are actively seeking volunteers to take on a section or to suggest new ones.. Please get involved and share your thoughts. The first job is a clean-up, which is well under way.
Categories/Subjects that need helpEdit
- If you want to help but you're not sure where to start, try improving the various stub articles by adding content.
- Another helpful activity would be to check the list of wanted pages for frequently linked-to articles that don't exist yet. [Note: the wanted pages list is currently not much use as we have been spammed with thousands of wikipedia pages with links to pages that don't exist on this wiki, so please ignore it for now.]
- If you are new to wikis, you may want to read the tutorial on the Central Wikia.
- Act Local needs help- we are putting lots of info up, and are real beginners. For a start, could someone add the link to our subject to the subject bar on the left here? All the other home page topics are there. Please contact me or JPolden to see what we need particular help with. Thanks! Cassabel 04:21, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
Nested Mess Edit
I'm coming across some problems now that we have deleted most of the thousands of pages of copied articles, and thousands of categories. There are some templates that might be useful, e.g citations and links to book purchasing sites. We have to make the wiki easy to use, or hardly anyone will want to contribute, or to do it in a consistent way, at least.I'm trying to restore the books reference template, which links to Special:BookSources with the ISBN already entered and a list of booksellers to buy from. Somehow I ended up in a load of nested templates for citations. I think the wikipedia obsession with citations is laudable, but for Green Wiki it isn't conducive to encouraging people to contribute if they have to learn a whole load of editing skills beyond just writing.
To see an example woking look at this section of the Earth First page
Want to discuss stuff? Edit
- If you want to discuss anything specific to an article, you can use the comment section for that article.
- For more general discussions you can use the Discussion tab of this page