Interwiki collaboration month is a proposal originating from the Sustainable Community Action wiki to promote and encourage interwiki collaboration on any aspect of sustainability or sustainable development.
- June, each year, starting in 2009
Plenty of time to prepare, fits in with green festivals (summer months, northern hemisphere - see note below), might fit in well with one of proposed topics for 2009
The idea is to collaborate on expanding a common pool knowledge from which everyone can share on one or a few main topics each year
- June 2009 proposal - something like 'Low carbon futures' or 'How can we reduce our carbon footprint' - which might fit in well with the lead up to United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, COP-15 (November 2009)
- Collaboration is a good thing!
- if a whole range of wiki can be seen to be working together this may be more impressive to potential users, and so used in promotion of individual wiki to wider audiences
- low cost - only commitment is to collaborate on at least one topic on at least one wiki (preferably including at least one different to that which normally contribute to) during the month
Alternative titles Edit
- Peoples' Sustainability Symposium
Original proposal posted on the first 5 wikis, but of course the list can be added to:
Responses: please add your response, or see others on the SCA page
- Sustainable Community Action wiki
- Green wikia
- Appropedia . (Note also the Appropedia description page here
(not intended to be a northern hemisphere / developed world only thing, but specifically to try and include or be open to majority world / developing world also)