The department store JCPenney launched its Simply Green mark in early 2008 to identify environmentally friendly products in its stores.
You can find products with the Simply Green mark in the Juniors, Men, and Home departments. To have the Simply Green mark, products must adhere to the following principles:
- Organic. Cotton or linen products that were grown without pesticides or synthetic fertilizers. The item must contain a minimum of 70% organically grown fiber.
- Renewable. Materials must regenerate at a rate equal to or faster than the rate of consumption. Examples are bamboo, soy, Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) wood products, and capiz shells. Product must contain at least 25% renewable materials.
- Recycled. Materials reclaimed from fabric mills and post-consumer recycled items. Products must contain at least 25% recycled materials.
Products with the Simply Green Mark include the following:
- Arizona brand recycled t-shirts, shorts, and jeans
- SJB brand t-shirts, henleys, shirts, and shorts
- Arizona brand t-shirts, shorts, and jeans
- Kennedy brand bamboo grommet-top panels
- Bamboo blinds
- Studio brand bamboo panel track and accessories such as a storage ottoman, a handwoven basket, a butler's tray and stand, and a handwoven tray
- Studio brand organic cotton towels
- Organic bath rugs