Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kimpton Hotels EarthCare program brings the business's philosophy of environmental responsibility straight to its properties, starting with its pioneering Eco Floor at the Hotel Triton in San Francisco in 1994.
Today EarthCare's efforts include:
- Using environmentally friendly cleaning supplies in all rooms.
- Printing corporate collateral on recycled paper using soy-based ink.
- Usring recycled paper for all printing property-wide.
- Serving organic, shade grown, and/or fair trade complimentary beverages in the lobby.
- Allowing guests the opt out of towel and linen service.
- Recycling of glass, bottles, paper, and cardboard through back of house operations.
- Auditing and retrofitting back of house lighting to ensure energy efficient bulbs are in place.
- Using low flow systmes for faucets, toilets, and showers.
- Encouraging guests to recycle with in-room recycling bins.
- Stocking the honor bar with organic snacks and drinks.
- Encouraging guests to donate unused amenity bottles to local charities.
- Other practices, such as recycling coat hangers, eliminating styrofoam cups, using paperless checkin/out, purchasing organic flowers, and more.
Kimpton properties are found in:
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Vancourver, BC
- Whistler, BC
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- San Jose, CA
- Aspen, CO
- Denver, CO
- Chicago, IL
- Boston, MA
- Cambridge, MA
- New York City, NY
- Portland, OR
- Dallas, TX
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Alexandria, VA
- Arlington, VA
- Seattle, WA
- Washington, DC